Saturday, April 11, 2009

Introduction

Life is pretty interesting. It sometimes looks as if everything is predetermined, destined to happen and at some other times it appears as if everything is of our own doing. We act as if our own wellness is all that matters when we know how insignificant our own existence is to the world. Life is full of such conflicting interests, contradictions, paradoxes and yet we seek a well laid out plan (or an 'algorithm' to be precise) to tackle our way through it. Some of us so passionately believe in the existence of such an algorithm that they keep cursing themselves no end whenever they fail to do something they thought should be done.

Given the interesting nature of the problem that is life, one is definitely interested in remembering every now and then how we dealt with our own lives. This, I think, is the real reason people get 'nostalgic'. This blog is thus primarily meant to serve as the record of what I went through in my life. It is essentially an attempt to capture the various aspects of the times, society, culture that I lived through. I am gifted with a reasonably good memory and I still vividly remember all the minute details of various happenings in my childhood. So, I thought it's a good idea to pen them down while the memories are still fresh.

I believe I'm pretty bad at creativity and I don't think there is a minute chance that anyone who reads this gets entertained unless he/she has a knack of reading long essays, rants, analyses. Still I'll do my level best to keep it interesting!

Coming to the name of this blog - well, as I said I suck at coming up with a creative name, and I thus chose 'white noise' to connote the random, non correlated nature of the posts with no specific purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. And it was nice to witness a new interpretation of the word "Nostalgic".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete